Monday 18 November 2013

Bagels

As I have stated before I am an avid recipe hoarder. I scour books, magazines, television and the internet for ideas and recipes. If you look at my section on the blogs I love, you will see a link for foodwishes. I can't live without foodwishes, really I can't. I may be sounding a tad dramatic but I really am entertained by the wit, humour and expertise of chef John. I started watching his youtube series a few years ago and have been a fan since.

So today, I attempted bagels which I had never made before. I love bagels but they need to be really fresh and crusty on the outside but soft on the inside. This recipe delivered that and the added bonus is that the bagel tastes divine the next day as well. I saw chef John's video a few weeks ago and decided I needed to try his bagels which were San Fransisco style bagels. He explained that these are different from the conventional bagels in that they were less dense and lighter. They are also less calorific than the conventional type bagels which is never a bad thing. The other incredible point about this bagel making process is that it is easy! Actually, I would say it's almost foolproof as are most of chef John's recipes.

So I urge you to take an adventurous step and prepare some fresh, home made bagels. This will be your go to recipe for bagels..seriously. Enjoy!






The recipe for the bagels can be found here :




2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! This looks DIVINE! Please stuff them with potatoes! They'd be the best every!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you so much Shiling Oil!..I greatly appreciate the feedback:)

    ReplyDelete